- 800µg of folic acid per service.
- Vegan-friendly veg capsules.
- High bioavailability.
Folic acid 800µg by Essential Series is a dietary supplement in capsules made with vitamin B9 (folic acid) as the only active ingredient in its composition.
Folic acid is a synthetic folate compound used in food supplements and in food fortification because of its stability, and becomes biologically active after reduction (EFSA, 2010).
The product we have has been developed without the use of ingredients of animal origin in its composition or processing. Making it 100% suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Because consuming vitamin B9 from the diet is nutritionally indispensable.
The vitamins act as cofactors in the body, that is, they help or are part of intermediaries that help all the reactions of our metabolism to work correctly and without limitations.
Vitamins should be consumed through the diet, as our body lacks the ability to create them on its own in sufficient quantities.
Folate contributes to:
- Normal homocysteine metabolism.
- Normal psychological function.
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Normal immune system function.
- Normal blood formation.
- Amino acid synthesis.
In addition, folate has a role in the cell division process.
This vitamin is especially important in pregnant women, as:
The complementary dietary intake of folic acid increases the folate status of the mother. A low folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus.1
Folate contributes to the growth of maternal tissue during pregnancy.
We present a comfortable format of 800 mcg of vitamin per capsule, only a single capsule a day.
Each capsule gives you the recommended daily amount of folate, in a high dose that’s completely safe.
The easiest way to make sure your body isn’t folate deficient!
At HSN, we’ve made the decision to produce all our ingredients encapsulated with ingredients suitable for vegans.
Capsules are normally made with gelatin, which is obtained from the connective tissue of animals. It’s a cheap and useful source to coat a product, but what about vegans?
We are convinced that an ethical decision such as vegetarianism, which rejects the consumption of meat and other animal derivatives, should not be limiting when purchasing good quality products.
At HSN you won’t have that problem, our folic acid is 100% suitable for vegans, as are virtually all of our packages.
A once-daily veg capsule is enough to achieve an effective dose of vitamin B9.
It’s best to consume it with a meal, at any time of the day, as its effects are not acute, but chronic. Use this product continuously to obtain the aforementioned effects.
Mix with other vitamin-based products, especially methylcobalamin.
A combination of 2 nutrients that contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue!
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2013). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of a health claim related to increasing maternal folate status by supplemental folate intake and reduced risk of neural tube defects pursuant to Article 14 of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 11(7), 3328.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2010). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to folate pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 8(10), 1760.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2009). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to folate pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 7(10), 1213.
1 Addressed to women of childbearing age. The beneficial effect is obtained with a supplemental folic acid intake of 400mcg for at least one month before and up to three months after conception.