- 25mg of elemental zinc per serving.
- Essential element to maintain the immune and hormone system.
- Vegetable capsules.
- Highly bioavailable form.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
WHAT IS ZINC CITRATE (25MG ZINC)?
Zinc Citrate (25mg of zinc) by HSNessentials is a product in capsules that has been made from zinc salts of citric acid, resulting in a mineral with an improved bioavailability.
Zinc is an indispensable trace element which plays an essential role in preserving the structure of the organism, as well as the endocrine, metabolic and immune systems.
We have come up with a zinc product that is suitable for vegetarians and vegans, since we have not used a single animal ingredient for its production.
WHY TAKE ZINC CITRATE (25MG ZINC)?
Because zinc is an essential element for the human body and our organism cannot synthesize it on its own.
That is why if we do not get enough zinc through the diet, we will suffer a disease due to a deficiency.
Actually, zinc deficiency is relatively common, around one out of five adults have a deficiency of this mineral to certain extent.
Zinc and immune system
Zinc is an essential mineral when it comes to regulating the immune system.
Those who suffer a zinc deficiency are more prone to opportunistic infections and the aggravation of infectious conditions that are usually not dangerous.
This is because zinc:
- Maintains an adequate leukocyte density.
- Maintains a normal anti-body response against a pathogen.
- Supports the activity of thymuline, a peptide that ‘governs’ part of our immune system.
- Ensures an adequate synthesis of natural killers.
Zinc food supplementation has shown benefits that strengthen the immune response against bacterial and viral infections.
(Freake, 2006; King and Cousins, 2006; IoM, 2001, quoted in EFSA, 2009)
Zinc and testosterone
Zinc is an essential mineral to support the proper functioning of the hormone system.
A part of the receptors from the sex hormones (like testosterone) are made up of zinc. In fact, they are known as “zinc fingers”.
Zinc help us:
- Maintain a proper spermatozoa synthesis, improving male fertility.
- Maintain a food testosterone synthesis.
- Maintain a proper testosterone response when it binds to its receptors.
Zinc performs many different functions in the organism such as:
- Preserving the skin, hair and nails.
- Preserving a good thyroid tone.
- Supporting the bone health, ensuring its mineralization.
- Supporting the functioning of the nervous system and the cognitive performance.
- Regulating the blood pH.
- Supporting our sight.
Moreover, it regulates the metabolic reactions that support the balance of REDOX reactions in order to stay healthy.
WHY PURCHASE ZINC CITRATE (25MG ZINC) IN HSN?
High quality form
Zinc citrate is a zinc salt that is produced to increase the stability of the mineral, improving its absorption and distribution in the organism.
This is a complex that, together with gluconate, has a maximum absorption rate of the mineral in the digestive tract (Wegmüller, 2014).
Each capsule contains 25mg of elemental zinc, which is enough to meet the requirements of this nutrient established by the FAO.
Suitable for vegans
In HSN we carefully select the raw ingredient used to make our products, as well as the ingredients that make up the formula and which allow us to produce different formats (like capsules).
Currently, almost all our capsules are veggie, and out zinc citrate could not be otherwise!
This product has been made without using animal substrates, or excipients that come from animals either.
Did you know that…
Most of the capsules used by other companies that sell food supplements are not suitable for vegans?
No! They actually use gelatin, which is obtained from the conjunctive tissue of cows and pigs.
Our capsules are made with a glazing agent that has a similar structure to vegetable cellulose and it does not come from animals.
Therefore, our zinc citrate is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
HOW TO TAKE ZINC CITRATE (25MG ZINC)
You will just need a single capsule a day in order to meet the daily requirements of this nutrient.
We suggest taking this product on an empty stomach or away from the meals in order to avoid interactions with the minerals and their transporters.
If you experience gastrointestinal discomfort, you should take it with a meal with a low iron content.
HOW CAN WE COMBINE THIS PRODUCT?
You can combine it with products such as:
- Colostrum (30% immunoglobulin G).
- D-aspartic acid powder.
- Magnesium bisglycinate.
The minerals with the highest elemental content available in the market!
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2009). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to zinc and function of the immune system (ID 291, 1757), DNA synthesis and cell division (ID 292, 1759), protection of DNA, proteins and lipids from oxidative damage (ID 294, 1758), maintenance of bone (ID 295, 1756), cognitive function (ID 296), fertility and reproduction (ID 297, 300), reproductive development (ID 298), muscle function (ID 299), metabolism of fatty acids (ID 302), maintenance of joints (ID 305), function of the heart and blood vessels (ID 306), prostate function (ID 307), thyroid function (ID 308), acid-base metabolism (ID 360), vitamin A metabolism (ID 361) and maintenance of vision (ID 361) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 7(10), 1229.
- Wegmüller, R., Tay, F., Zeder, C., Brni?, M., & Hurrell, R. F. (2014). Zinc Absorption by Young Adults from Supplemental Zinc Citrate Is Comparable with That from Zinc Gluconate and Higher than from Zinc Oxide. The Journal of Nutrition, 144(2), 132–136.